The Apeks XL4 Ocea is the first of its kind – an environmentally-conscious regulator made from recycled materials and bio-plastics, manufactured in a solar-powered facility. Based on the XL4+, every single material and process was reconsidered to create the most eco-sensitive scuba diving regulator in the world. The Ocea is a truly game-changing regulator that removes five times its own weight in plastic from the environment: the sale of each Ocea funds the collection of 5kg of up-stream plastic waste, in collaboration with Plastic Bank.
- Compact machined first stage based on the expedition tested Apeks DS4 platform.
- Unique over-balanced diaphragm design - as the diver descends, the over-balancing feature allows the medium pressure gas in the hose to increase at a faster rate than ambient. This results in superior performance at depth.
- 2 HP ports and 4MP ports
- Compact and lightweight second stage improves comfort and helps reduce jaw fatigue on long duration dives
- High performance pneumatically balanced lever operated poppet valve
- Large, over moulded self-flushing and controllable purge button
- Ergonomic Venturi lever is easy to use and locate
- Flexible nylon braided hose has better cold water performance than a traditional rubber hose
- Standard metallic hose connection for interchangeability
- Comfo-bite mouthpiece has a unique bridge that fits across the upper palate and does not require bite pressure to stay in place
- Re-useable mouthpiece clip makes it simple to change mouthpieces in the field
- Durable and flexible rubber exhaust tee provides excellent bubble diversion
- Environmentally sealed
- Lightweight braided hoses
- Signature Apeks Comfo-bite mouthpiece
Rated for cold water diving down to 4ºC.
- First stage regulator
- Primary second stage regulator
Gauge and/or air transmitter must be purchased separately.